ACL Rehab Blog
An uninterrupted account of my ACL reconstruction rehab. A brief recap:
- Knee went pop in July 2013 during a wrestling class.
- Went to GP, who guessed it was a subluxed knee (dislocation and relocation) and that it was probably some patella bruising that was causing the pain and near total loss of ROM. Requested, but was denied an MRI.
- Went to regular Physio from August- October which increased ROM and had me almost back to normal.
- Revisited GP with complaints of knee locking and buckling beneath me on a regular basis. Twice is caused me to fall to ground in pain. Requested an MRI, and was booked in for one in November.
- MRI results through 24th Dec showed a full ACL rupture and I was heavily persuaded to undergo surgery. Merry freakin’ Christmas.
- Surgeon favoured patella graft as it closer resembles ACL and has doesn’t have a history of re-tearing/stretching as much as hamstring. After clearing that I would be ok to kneel post surgery (eventually) I opted to go ahead.
- Surgery was booked and carried out on April 25th 2014, because the NHS is cray slow.
Click below for link to each blog:
DAY OF SURGERY
WEEKS 7 & 8
WEEKS 9 & 10
WEEKS 11 & 12
WEEKS 13 & 14
WEEKS 15, 16, 17 & 18
WEEKS 19 & 20
WEEKS 21 & 22
WEEKS 23, 24, 25, 26 & 27